The Soroptimist International Foundation was established in March 2021 via a Declaration of Trust and gained Charitable Status in June 2021.The Trustee is SI (Soroptimist International) Ltd, and the Soroptimist International Board exercises and holds the Trustee function.
As a charity, Soroptimist International will receive the following benefits:
• Certain tax exemptions
• Do not pay corporation tax
• Special treatment re: VAT (Value Added Tax)
• Can apply for grants from public grant-making trusts and local government
• Can reclaim gift aid on donations from UK taxpayers.
• Assurance to the public that the Foundation is being monitored by the Charity Commission.