Welcome to the Soroptimist International Advocacy Resource Pack. This pack should equip Soroptimists with key information to support you in your advocacy work at CSW62, making it possible for Soroptimists to speak with a global voice for women and girls.
Please keep the pack with you whilst you attend events and meet with members of other organisations. All the positions in this pack are based on the grassroots expertise of Soroptimist clubs from across the world, and are founded on the mission of Soroptimist International, to transform the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment and enabling opportunities.
To help your understanding of SI’s position:
• Understand, and read further about SI’s Key ‘Asks’ (on pages 3-8) so that you can speak to others about them;
• Familiarise yourself with SI’s positions with ‘Where We Stand’ statements (on page 9);
• Take any opportunity offered to attend meetings with your country mission or arrange to meet with a representative before you arrive in New York;
• Talk to other non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and gain their support for SI’s ‘Asks’. You may be able to reciprocate their demands;
• Let SI Core delegation know of any information you learn from others e.g. the position being taken by a specific government;
• Attend the Regional Caucus Group meetings for your country;
• Keep in touch with other members of the SI delegation;
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND DOWNLOAD THE SOROPTIMIST CSW62 ADVOCACY RESOURCES PACK