UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
UNESCO's mission is to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information. The Organization focuses, in particular, on two global priorities: Africa and gender equality. UNESCO also works towards achieving education for all.
Soroptimist International is very active at UNESCO, particularly as we are moving into our new long term project, Soroptimists for Education and Leadership. Access to education for women and girls is core driver of SI’s activities and advocacy efforts. Soroptimist International holds operational relations with UNESCO.
If you are interested in reading any reports from before 2009, please email SIHQ: email@example.com.
- News Story: SI Attends First Anniversary of UNESCO Global Partnership for Women and Girl's Education, May 2012
- News Story: SI Attends UNESCO NGO Meeting on Sustainable Development, February 2012
- News Story: UNESCO: Placing Humanity at the Heart of Developmen
- t, February 2012
- UNESCO Summary Report from International Migration Roundtable, May 2011
- SI Summary of work on International Migration - Moldova, March 2011
- UNESCO Symposium - Rape as a war weapon, November 2010
- Soroptimist International submission for UNESCO's Year of Rapprochement, 2010
- Soroptimist International submission for UNESCO's study on peace and non-violence for children, 2010
- Soroptimist International Statement “Culture and Development – the role of culture for sustainable development and economic prosperity”, to the Committee on NGOs, 2010
- SI UN Reps Dominique Mertz and Marie-Christine Gries de la Barbelais report on the 185th Session of the UNESCO Executive Board, Committee on INGOs, 2010
- SI UN Reps Yseult Kaplan and Dominique Mertz report on the 184th Executive Board, Committee on INGOs, 2010
- SI Statement for the 184th Executive Board: Violence Against Women and Girls, 2010
- SI UN Rep Dominique Mertz reports on the 183rd Session of the UNESCO Executive Board, Committee on INGOs, 2009
- SI UN Rep Dominique Mertz reports on the Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2010
- SI UN Rep Marie-Christine Gries de La Barbelais reports on the International Symposium: Freedom from poverty as a human right, 2010
- SI UN Rep Yseult Kaplan reports on the 6th UNESCO Youth Forum, 2009
- SI UN Rep Dominique Mertz reports on the 35th UNESCO Partners' Forum, 2009
- SI UN Rep Dominique Mertz reports on the World Conference on Higher Education, 2009
- SI UN Reps Yseult Kaplan, Dominique Mertz and Marie-Christine Gries De La Barbelais report on the 35th Session General Conference, 2009
- SI UN Rep Yseult Kaplan reports on the European Economic and Social Committee meeting, 2009
- SI UN Rep Linda Stillman reports on the UNESCO Summit of Religion, Ethics and Environment, 2009
Welcome to the on line world of Soroptimist International! This section will connect you to the global community of SI. For Soroptimists, log in to the club members section for more resources and use on line reporting to tell us about your projects!