Other UN committees, conferences, and meetings
Vienna NGO Committee on the Family:
The Vienna NGO Committee on the Family was founded in 1985 as a platform for exchange of information on family issues with the support of the United Nations Center for Social Development and Humanitarian Affairs, to offer coordination and promotion of the activities of NGOs represented at the UN, who are interested in questions relating to the Family.
Soroptimist International is a full member of the Committee.
NGO Committee on the Environment:
The NGO Committee on the Environment is a Civil Society Forum which officially sits under CoNGO. The Committee comprises a number of NGOs from all over the world, interested in furthering and strengthening an environmental perspective in all areas of the UN agenda and of public policy. The Committee contributes written and oral statements for inclusion in UN declarations and works on issues related to the programmes and policies of the UN.
Commission on Population and Development:
The Commission on Population and Development was set up under ECOSOC. The commission assists ECOSOC by advising on population trends, population and development strategies and population and related development policies. The commission appropriate recommendations to ECOSOC.If you are interested in reading any reports from before 2009, please email SIHQ: email@example.com.
- News Story: Geneva Environment Network - Looking to the Future, June 2012
- News Story: Population and Development: Empowering Women Through Choice, April 2012
- Joint NGO Statemenf on Environmental Education by Enviornment Committee for ECOSOC High Level Statement 2011
- News Story: Family Planning Saves Mothers and Children, May 2011
- Statement from Vienna NGO Committee on the Family for 49th Session of UN Commission for Social Development
- SI UN Rep Roswitha Benesch reports on the Vienna NGO Committee on the Family Committee Meeting, November 2009
- SI UN Rep Karin Tripp reports on the Vienna NGO Committee on the Family, May 2009
- SI UN Rep Sina Stiffler reports on the NGO Committee on the Environment, June 2010
- SI UN Rep Caroline Themm reports on the 42nd Session of the Commission on Population and Development, April-May 2009
- Statement from Vienna NGO Committee on the Family for 48th Session of UN Commission for Social Development
Welcome to the on line world of Soroptimist International! This section will connect you to the global community of SI. For Soroptimists, log in to the club members section for more resources and use on line reporting to tell us about your projects!