Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
The OHCHR is the principal human rights official of the United Nations. The High Commissioner heads OHCHR and spearheads the United Nations' human rights efforts. The OHCHR also supports the work of the United Nations human rights mechanisms, such as the Human Rights Council and the core treaty bodies set up for monitoring State Parties' compliance with international human rights treaties, coordinate United Nations human rights education and public information activities, and strengthens human rights across the United Nations system.
Soroptimist International is founded on upholding human rights and protecting the rights of women and girls. The work of this office is central to the work SI undertakes at the UN and around the world.
If you are interested in reading any reports from before 2009, please email SIHQ: email@example.com.
- News Story: Education for Change - Human Rights Council Discusses Traditional Practices, June 2012
- News Story: Join Soroptimist International in Recognising Human Rights Day,December 2011
- UN Rep Sina Stiffler reports from the NGO Geneva Summit on Human Rights Tolerance and Democracy March 2011
- Co-signed NGO Statement: Draft UN Declaration Human Rights Education and Training March 2011
- Human Rights Day Celebration in Vienna, 2010
- Soroptimist International submission to the OHCHR study on discrimination against women, 2010
- Soroptimist International submission to the OHCHR study on children in the context of migration, 2010
- SI UN Rep Wilfrida Hendrickx reports on the 2nd Geneva Summit for Human Rights, Tolerance and Democracy, 2010
- SI UN Rep Wilfrida Hendrickx reports on the Council of Europe Panel on Violence Against Children, 2010
- SI UN Rep Yoko Komori Olson reports on the Human Rights Council Discussion: Can the MDGs do without Human Rights? 2010
- Co-signed NGO statement: Call to Protect Older Women, 2009
Welcome to the on line world of Soroptimist International! This section will connect you to the global community of SI. For Soroptimists, log in to the club members section for more resources and use on line reporting to tell us about your projects!