Economic and Social Council
Soroptimist International holds General Consultative Status with ECOSOC, the highest accreditation available to NGOs. Only 141 NGOs worldwide hold this status.
ECOSOC was established under the United Nations Charter as the principal organ to coordinate economic, social, and related work of the 14 UN specialized agencies, functional commissions and five regional commissions.
If you are interested in reading any reports from before 2009, please email SIHQ: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News Story: 49th Commission For Social Development
- News Story: Feminisation of Ageing, October 2011
- News Story: International Water Forum - Bulding A Global Awareness Campaign, October 2011.
- News Story: Trafficking, Education and Empowerment September, 2011
- Symposium on the Global Challenges of Chronic Disease, September 2011
- ECOSOC High Level Segment News Article July 2011
- 19th Commission on Sustainable Development
- Soroptimist International Written Statement Submitted to the ECOSOC High Level Segment, 2011
- Soroptimist International Written Statement accepted for distribution at the High Level Segment, 2010
- Soroptimist International submission for the Global Civil Society Consultation for the MDG Summit, 2010
- SI UN Rep Lois Beilin reports on a special session of the General Assembly on human trafficking, 2009
Welcome to the on line world of Soroptimist International! This section will connect you to the global community of SI. For Soroptimists, log in to the club members section for more resources and use on line reporting to tell us about your projects!