Welcome to the SoroptiVoice - a blog written by worldwide Soroptimists and friends, covering a regular mix of news topics, project insights and opinion pieces, relating to the empowerment, education and enablement of women and girls.
Soroptimist International - Vision, Mission and Principles
by Soroptimist International President, Yvonne Simpson
"The Soroptimist International Board renewed its commitment to a world of peace, gender equality, and human rights at its September Board meeting. Soroptimist International moved forward with a revised mission to meet the SI vision, with confirmed principles and five strategic priorities in a Strategic Plan that covers 2016 – 2019 as below.
The Soroptimist International vision is that women and girls will achieve their individual and collective potential, realise aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong, peaceful communities worldwide.
Soroptimists transform the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment and enabling opportunities.
The principles of Soroptimism are to strive for:
• The advancement of the status of women;
• High ethical standards;
• Human rights for all;
• Equality, development and peace; and
• The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace
THEME until 2021: Educate to Lead
Soroptimist International’s five STRATEGIC PRIORITIES and GOALS will steer our work:
1. Global Advocacy: SI advocates for human rights and gender equality through education and empowerment.
2. Global Communications: SI communicates our collective global impact.
3. International Convention: SI holds a convention in 2019.
4. SI President’s Appeal: SI unites Soroptimists worldwide through a President’s Appeal to educate, empower and enable women and girls.
5. SI Strategic Leadership: SI leadership employs best governance practices.
Soroptimist International is in General Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council, United Nations (ECOSOC); Operational Relations with the United Nations Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organisation (UNESCO); Special List of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Official Relations with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO); and Consultative Status with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). Soroptimist International continues to work in partnership to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 agenda. The successful and valuable work done by clubs at the grassroots level to educate, empower and enable women and girls to reach their potential has provided SI with 95 years of examples and stories to support the work with UN agencies and other partners and to ensure that Soroptimist International continues to be “A Global Voice for Women”.
Yvonne Simpson, Soroptimist International President 2015 – 2017.
- Soroptimist International - Vision, Mission and Principles
- International Day of Older Persons
- How does Combatting Climate Change Benefit Women and Girls?
- 66th UN DPI / NGO Conference 2016
- Women Deliver - Invest in Women and Girls
- Women Deliver - listen and align your hearts and minds
- Women Deliver - "Champions for Women & Girls"
- A visit to Johor Bahru by SI President Yvonne Simpson
- Women Deliver - Copenhagen
- SI President visits Soroptimists in Singapore
- SI Dunfermline visit Rwenzori, UGANDA
- Soroptimist Friendship - the Venetian way
- The Importance of Mental Health in International Development
- Charter of new SI club in Jerusalem
- 'Keeping the windows open' by Hafdis Karlsdottir
- Scholarship winner SI South West Pacific reflects on CSW60
- Pat Black reports from CSW60 #SIadvocates
- Hafdis Karlsdottir, Soroptimist International of Iceland at CSW60
- CSW Pat Black reports 14 March
- CSW60 Pat Black Reports 13 March
Welcome to the on line world of Soroptimist International! This section will connect you to the global community of SI. For Soroptimists, log in to the club members section for more resources and use on line reporting to tell us about your projects! #SImakingchange #SIadvocates